The purpose of this module is to provide an overview of the drug access navigator role and how it operates.
It will give you the information you need to describe your role well, understand its importance to quality patient care, and provide a foundation for working with a wide range of stakeholders.
Specifically, this module is intended to:
- Provide a basic definition of drug access navigation and how it supports overall care
- Outline the typical functions of the role and how to manage this work effectively
- Describe how drug access navigation operates within the broader health care system and provide basic guidelines for interacting with external stakeholders
By the end of Module 4 you will be able to:
- create a screening tool
- know what information to gather from patient
- which program(s) to utilize to best assist your patient with drug access
The content in this module will provide a foundation for later modules. It is important, even if you aren’t new to the role, to review the content in its entirety.